Friday, February 14, 2014

Brrrr! It's cold outside. Time for scarves.

We have been experiencing a unusually cold and snowy winter here in NoVA.  I should be used to all the snow and cold, having grown up in NW Pennsylvania….. but I'm not!  I would be happy if I never saw snow again.  Since it is so cold, it is a great time to wear all those amazing scarves.  Let me share a few of my favorites.

My favorite winter scarf is the chunky Infinity (or Loop) scarf.  This scarf is so soft and warm.  You can wear it long or double it into a cowl (as shown in picture).  This particular scarf was crocheted using Homespun yarn.  Love that red!

This is an example of the Infinity scarf worn long.  This particular scarf is a two-tone scarf.


I love this chunky scarf!  The traditional winter scarf is jazzed up by the variegated yarn.  Very modern!


Another scarf I love is the combination hood and scarf.  Sometimes it is called a Scoodie.  A particular pattern I like can be found on Ravelry.  The pattern is called Taylor's Hood from the shop Snappy Tots.
www.snappy-tots.com  She designed the hood to look like a lion's mane, or you can modify it to make it plain.


Another big trend this year is the light weight infinity scarf.


These silky scarves really dress up your solid tops and blouses.  Perfect accessory if you don't feel like wearing a necklace.  Like the chunky Infinity scarves, you can wear this in a long loop or doubled as a cowl. Perfect for any time of the year.



The final scarf I would like to share is the ruffle scarf.  I picked the red and silver scarf in honor of Valentine's Day!  So dressy and fun!   The yarn is a special netted yarn.  When knitted, the yarn gathers causing the beautiful ruffles.  

I hope you have enjoyed sharing some of my favorite scarves.  Please feel free to comment below.  Let me know which is your favorite, or share a new scarf.

I hope you have a crafty adventure today!  Happy Valentine's Day!!

Anni




No comments:

Post a Comment